Here we are again, still a little candy wasted and yet still drooling over buttery mashed potatoes and turkey while struggling to button the top button.
First of all, cut yourself some slack. These huge companies are REALLY good at marketing the right way to make us feel better about our late night bra-less candy binges. They spend MILLIONS of dollars on packaging to commercials to relabeling "fillers" in their product to make us feel better.
So, take note, It is not just your will power, but it is a full on battle. We want to help you succeed.
T I P S
1. Eat consistently. The biggest mistake during this time is people skipping meals to try to "prepare" for large, unhealthy dinners and restaurant meet ups. This will leave you mentally unready for "battle" and thinking those cheese fries are an acceptable vegetable option. JUST SAY NO. AND SAY YES TO THE BANANA before hand. Eat large salads with minimal oil to fill you up with water and fiber, as well as easily digestible raw vegetables to keep you satisfied.
2. Don't skip your gym time. Working out is essential to all our organs but the most important part of it is the stress management. If stress is under control, you are less likely to treat yourself poorly via food. Lets get real,..... busy parking lots and shopping centers and spending time with your obnoxious drunk cousin Karl is not all full of Christmas cheer. Stress management is key. Those workouts will keep you sane, and your diet in check.
3.Bring a healthy dish. Whether it is a work Christmas party or a Friendsgiving, bring something YOU know you can eat and others will appreciate too. Not having a healthy option will either leave you drunk off your first cocktail or eating enough gingerbread men to fill a soccer field. There are so many recipes out there for beautiful fun side dishes that are vegetable loaded, tasty and incredible easy to make.
4. Be a beverage snob. Now, grabbing three cups of hot cocoa is not exactly skinny jeans friendly. These typical holiday drinks are incredibly.... Paula Dean-esk. They are usually filled with heavy cream and sugar. Try to choose between a tasty treat, your alcohol of choice or your favorite sweet treat. All three, and your sure to wreck havoc on your goals.
5. When in doubt, host. We know this is not always practical and having your family fued of 2015 in your livingroom is not always ideal. But when you are in control you are able to moderately select which dishes to provide and get your family healthy at the same time.
6. Water, Water, Water, Oh and Water. This is so incredibly important. It is so easy when we are exhausted to order another triple shot latte to get us through christmas wrapping, work to-dos and errands. This however, will only offer a short term burst of crackheadedness and leave you dehydrated and reaching for salty, sugary foods to bring you back to elf on the shelf life. The latte may supress your appetite but in the long haul, it will do more harm than good. Stay hydrated, and you will likely make your workout, have less wrinkles, sleep better and ring in 2016 with a glow.
7. Get an accountability partner. Someone you can send Victoria Secret Photos back and forth with.. kidding, kind of. :) Someone who knows your goals and knows your habits. This is someone you trust and can be honest with but someone that will encourage you to get up and get moving despite your work party cinnamon roll binge. This can be a spouse, a friend, or sibling, anyone, just find one, and motivate each other. A little encouragement and honesty can go a long way.
This person can also be a gym buddy. Schedule dates for gym classes or morning walks to keep you on track.
8. Create healthy traditional holiday favorites. Is stuffing your absolute favorite? Find a way to cut the butter and use a higher quality bread. Is egg nogg a family must have? Make sure to grab organic and cut the fat by mixing it with almond milk. Simple tricks can satisfy you and still have you fit into your favorite jeans.
9. Juice, Often. Raw juice is going to keep you feeling full, hydrated, and fight off those cravings and impulses. Making them at home, either smoothie or juice is best. Check out Our very own Green Juice No. recipe for at home. HERE. Doing a Juice Cleanse, even a one day, will really help keep your cravings green, clean and figure friendly. You can find our cleanses here. Or you can have green juices stocked to keep you on track. Let us help you. Bundle of Greens- Here.
Happy Holidays Everyone! Remember, family is more important than your fitness goals, but SO IS BEING ALIVE AND FEELING ALIVE. Nourishment and THRIVING is our goal so we can see MORE holidays.