I am sure you at some point have heard the term lupus, or know someone who may suffer from it.
What is Lupus? Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disease that can affect many of the bodies organs. It is an autoimmune disease, it occurs when the immune mechanism forms antibodies that attack the body's own tissue. They believe it is caused by an unidentified virus. This produces inflammation of the skin, blood vessels, joints, and other tissues.
Some interesting Facts:
90% of those suffering from lupus between the ages of 15 and 45 are women.
Most patients have a butterfly like shaped rash on their face. Rashes can also appear on the chest, ears, hands, shoulders and upper arms.
African American women are three times more likely to get it than Caucasian women.
According to the American Rheumatism Association, four of the following must be present for a diagnosis to be made.
- Abnormal cells in the urine
- Butterfly rash on cheeks
- Low white blood cell count
- Mouth sores
- Seizures or psychosis
- Sun sensitivity
- The presence in the blood of a specific antibody that is found in 50 percent of people with Lupus.
What does Mother Nature have for Lupus sufferers?
- Calcium and magnesium- necessary for PH balance and for protecting against bone loss from arthritis.
- Fish and Flax- Aids in skin flare ups and arthritis.
- L-lysine- prevents mouth sores, and offers protection against viruses.
- Garlic -boost immune system and protects enzyme systems.
- Burdock root, feverfew, pau'd arco, and red clover
- Goldenseal- to be taken in short term, not continuous.
Eating a diet low in fat, ( naturally ladies;)) salt, and animal protein keeps the immune system from being overly reactive and easy on the kidneys.
Fish and Seafood
Eggs, garlic, and onions- these foods contain sulfur which is needed in rebuilding bone cartilage and connective tissue.
Non acidic fruits and vegetables
Foods containing bromelain, ( pineapple)- for reducing inflammation
Turmeric - known to boost immune system and fight inflammation.
WHAT TO JUICE AT HOME?
3 stalks of celery
3 large slices of pineapple
1 small piece of garlic
1 small piece of turmeric
Add one serving of L-lysine
Helpful products from our store: