Eh.. elastic pants........... on.
We are all there. What a wonderful thing to be thankful for, so much food we now have to think about how not to have it affect our waist line. We CAN be thankful for the fact that our bodies are so forgiving, and we dont HAVE to pack on the L. B. S.
While, moderation is key, many of us are still learning what moderation means to us and our everyday life... me included.
The most important thing is balance, moderation, and getting our body recovered from it's intentional turkey coma.
First things first,
1. Apple Cider Vinegar. Drink it, drink more of it, and then some more.
- regulates blood sugar
- lowers fat storage- the acetic acid lowers triglyceride levels which helps to decrease body fat stores.
- Balances PH levels- now, we all know that soda, alcohol or that third pumpkin latte, add up. Acidity is where cancer thrives in the body. It may seem counter intuitive as apple cider vinegar is acidic outside the body, but post digestion, it is alkalizing to the body.
IMPORTANT: BE SURE IT IS BRAGGS RAW APPLE CIDER VINEGAR.
2. Warm water with Lemon
- this aids in digestion by encouraging bile production( move along those three pieces of pumpkin pie and mashed potatoes)
- maintains proper PH balance levels, which is so important after we moderately stuff our faces. :)
- Cardio: so important. Get it in, whatever way you can. There is no rules. After all, all our body knows is movement. It does not burn more calories if you wear a fancy workout outfit and get on a treadmill. JUST MOVE. Outside, inside, no rules, just do it.
- Flush out your system. You might feel full and after all that salt you might even show a higher number on the scale or need to wear your stretchy pants longer. You will be glad you chugged water, eventually, I promise.
- Water helps in hydrating the colon which allows it to work properly. Unfortunately, after a binge, our colon is in such dysfunction and is working over time to properly move things along. Just like any other "machine" water is necessary to move out toxins and keep the blood, colon, and liver clean. Chug Chug Chug.
Of course, JUICE. Get it in. Even if you feel like you have had too much food. ( ...so, all of us) This is where our bodies are confused. We get sleepy, tired and warn down ( usually people blame the turkey) Which is only partially true. Our bodies are in over drive trying to process all the "food" we moderately shoveled into it. We are sleepy because most of the "nutrients" in the food we ate, were not readily available to our system, and are unfortunately, dead. Our bodies are essentially starving for raw nutrients, but is over fed with calories. So when you reach for 3rds after your nap, try to grab something raw.:)
Getting that Juice in ( green most importantly) will allow our bodies the nutrients it NEEDS to process all that dead food we ate. It will thank you, I promise.