RAW VEGAN CHOCOLATE ENERGY BITES
Prep time: 10 minutes
Digestion friendly! These babies are a go to snack, great for breakfast or when you are craving those sweets. You can roll them into balls and store in a mason jar in the fridge, or you can flatten, and cut to be bars wrapped in wax paper. These are less expensive than your average "bar" and are free of those icky sweeteners and preservatives. Be sure to refrigerate these and make plenty, as they go fast.
- Dates (medjool) if they are not soft, pre-soak for about ten minutes
- Gluten Free Oats
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Blend 1 cup of oats in vitamix or food processor. Make sure your blender is completely dry. Blend until flour like consistency.
2. Add 1/8 cup of cocoa powder to your oat flour. Pulse. *Add more to your liking
3. Empty flour from blender into bowl. Set aside.
4. Blend 1 cup or 5-6 pitted dates. Pulse until just near jam consistency.
5. Add in cocoa oat flour slowly as you pulse. The now "dough" like texture will start to roll in the blender. Scoop any stickiness off the sides if needed. Pulse slowly one more time.
6. Scoop out ingredients into a bowl. Roll into 1 inch balls.
*You can add nuts, seeds, dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc. For digestion trouble, simple is best. Enjoy! Let me know if you make them! #juicewithivy
Our favorite fat burnings snacks for the slayin' woman. Stay busy, stay fit.
It is easy to forget to eat, and while that doesn't sound terrible our face winds up in the entire box of rice crispy treats or gulping down your childs gatorade unintentionally. Here are some quick snacks we KNOW are practical and will keep you full and satisfied.
2 boiled egg whites with an apple.
These are easily accessible for the car and can be prepared in advance and will sure to keep away that hangry.
Now, if you have food combining challenges this may not be the best snack for you.
Celery sticks and fresh Hummus.
Hummus is so easy and if you are purchasing the right brand. It is easy to digest and really satisfying. Celery or cucumber is best paired with this higher fat snack item to keep the body from storing that fat. Try to either make a big batch of your own at home or choose organic, less oily options at the store when possible.
Peanut Butter and Celery
Again, keeping the fats away from the carbohydrates is optimal for that flat stomach we all desire. Six pack or not no one enjoys bloating. Peanut butter is a great hunger quencher but proper pairing is important. Have your peanut butter and eat it too, just do it properly with non starchy fruits and vegetables.
Yes we said it. When in doubt, grab a bag of the cleanest one you can find. If you are on the go, jerky is a great way to get in some satiating protein while also being realistic. Try to watch the flavored ones as they can often be high sugar and sodium. Stick to clean brands and keep it in your glove box or gym bag for emergencies.
Cut bell peppers, cucumber and celery with Salsa.
Salsa is the Goddess of healthy snacking. It is usually fairly lower in sodium, gluten free, often low on sugar and is a home run for the calorie buck you are spending. This is not an " on the go" snack as salsa is messy but it is the perfect option when slimming down and hunger strikes.
When the body is alkalized, it stores less fat. Green juice is the fasted way to hydrate and alkalize. Grab a green juice but watch the added fruits. Be sure to order green vegetable based juices or check the ingredients on the bottle. Ideally we want to see 1 fruit with the rest greens. A 90/10 ratio is a perfect ratio to shoot for.
We are such huge fans of this simple tasty snack. Obviously we don't believe dairy options are best but there are so many great plant based options you can choose from. You can have your cake and gain muscles too. There are several brands that also offer small packets to buy (instead of an entire month container). This will save you money if you are not sure that you like this brand or blend. Grab a small pack first and if you love it, invest in the larger container. Grab your protein, add in berries, your favorite green powder, whatever greens you have in your fridge and a half of banana. You are ready for the day. Slurp and SLAY girl.
Daily Detox Water Recipes by Ivy Carnegie
Pretty Nourish // drinkbar juicery
We all know drinking water is important to our health, our skin and our figure. Spicing it up can dramatically increase it's hydration effectiveness while also promoting deep tissue detoxification. Here are some great at home recipes and all of these can be made ahead of time and stored in your fridge for easy, no excuse detoxifying.
Cucumber Ginger Mint Detox Water
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1/4 ginger grated (use a cheese grater)
- 1-3 mint leaves chopped fine
- Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
Pineapple Parsley Detox Water
- 1-3 pineapple chugs ( fresh is best, do not use canned)
- 2 whole limes, 2 whole lemons (squeezed)
- Add in lemon wedges
- Add 2-3 handfuls of parsley leaves
Pear Basil Detox Water
- 1-2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1-2 stalks of basil, de-stem leaves
Cellulite Blaster Detox Water
- 1 squeeze lemon
- 1 squeezed grapefruit
- 1 squeezed lime
- 1 piece of grated ginger
- 1 tsp cayenne (more if tolerated)
Try these out, let us know what you think. Use hashtag, #prettyhydrated
Four Thieves Vinegar
The original recipe calls for fresh herbs, but I have substituted dry for a longer shelf-life. This is a long-standing herbal recipe. It is said that grave robbers used this remedy to avoid the plague! Needless to say, it is an excellent remedy for infection. All of the herbs are aromatic, warming, anti-microbial, and diaphoretic.
1/4 cup coarsely powdered lavender flowers
1/4 cup coarsely powdered rosemary leaves
1 tablespoon coarsely powdered sage
1 tablespoon coarsely powdered thyme
1 tablespoons coarsely powdered peppermint
3 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon powdered black pepper
3 cups apple cider vinegar
- Place lavender, rosemary, sage, thyme, peppermint, garlic, and pepper in a clean glass jar.
- Cover with vinegar, so that the herbs are completely saturated and covered by about an extra inch of menstruum.
- Shake your jar every day or two for at least two weeks.
- Strain, bottle, cap, and store in a cool dry place or in the refrigerator.
Adapted from The Herbal Kitchen